Monday, June 8, 2020

Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 2020


It's time for the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade!!



Click HERE to join us!


I am so excited for this year's parade!  I have gone out of my comfort zone and created some pincushions that I never would have thought I could do before!  


Thank you so much to my aunt, Ida, My Sister Made Me do it..., for hosting this fun parade! 


Dun dun dun dun!  Here we go:


This one was a "piece of cake!'  (Not really, it was actually very difficult for me, but I am really happy with how it turned out!)  I made this one for my mom, ...and the little sister follows, for her birthday, which is today!  Happy birthday, mama!!


This next one was made for my by my aunt, Irene.  Check out her blog- Hilachas!  I really love it because it has a loop in the back for hanging and also a small pocket in the front for your scissors!  It's so pretty, too!


Next, is another one of my creations!  A cheeseburger, yummy! I started to follow a tutorial, and instead decided to just do it on my own, the way I wanted ๐Ÿ˜œ


Next, a lovely "shabby chic" tomato made by my mom!  I just love this one!


Another one made by my mom.  I just LOVED this one when I saw it and asked her if I could have it...she said yes! 


These next three are mini pincushions that were given to me by my aunt, Irene!  They are so cute and miniature.  I love them!





Next, one of my favorite additions!  Made also by my aunt, Irene.  A lovely bunch of houses!  Aren't they darling?!


Lastly, I have one of my all time favorite characters to complete this pincushion!  Mickey Mouse!  A special thanks to my aunt, Ida, our wonderful Pincushion Parade host, for giving me all of the materials I needed to make this adorable pincushion and sharing the pinwheel pincushion tutorial!  Check it out on her page, here: Pinwheel Pincushion Tutorial


Here is the collection for this year's Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade!


And a special shout out to my entries from our last pincushion parade, just for fun!





Please join us!  We'd love to see all of the wonderful pincushions out there!







22 comments:

  1. Sara what a beautiful parade of pincushions you have! The birthday cake slice is the perfect gift for your Mom's birthday! Your sewing expertise has just improved so much! That little cheeseburger definitely looks "good enough to eat"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so happy to have such great help from you guys along the way!

      Delete
  2. Your Parade is beautiful, Sara, and so full of memories for you. That cake slice looks so professional and I know your Mom will treasure it. And the hamburger is adorable. You’re so creative. Everything you’ve made and received as gifts is wonderful. WTG and good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is the first year I've felt like I can do more sewing projects "on my own!" Thank you for all of your continued help! You guys help me get better each day! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah oh my what beautiful pin cushions,my favourite is the slice of cake,thankyou for sharing all your amazing pin cushions with us xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my blog/pincushions. I really appreciate it! I love the cake too- thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. I love your parade. So many fun pincushions. The cake is my favorite because I know how much love and effort you put into making it and it turned out just perfect. I will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it!! I knew I wanted to give it to you as soon as it started to come together and you liked it so much. It was a perfect-just in time for your birthday! :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely collection you have! I love the slice of cake and your Micky Mouse is delightful. The butterfly is beautiful - that looks really useful and has got me thinking! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin! Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my blog/pincushions. I really appreciate it! Thank you for all of the kind words! These pincushions are so much fun :)

      Delete
  6. Lots of fun and beautiful pincushions. The slice of cake is really sweet and great gift for someone that sews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann! Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my blog/pincushions. I really appreciate it! I am so glad everyone has been liking the cake. It took a lot of hard work! Thank you for the kind words :)

      Delete
  7. Your whole family must collect pincushions! My favourite I think has to be the wee houses but the hamburger is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog :) And thank you! I love those little houses too, and the hamburger was fun to make!

      Delete
  8. You sure have made many lovely pincushions and I especially like the slice of birthday cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria!! I love how there are so many fun possibilities when making pincushions! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Sara! Todos tus alfileteros son preciosos, el pay es delicioso, cuantos detalles!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute, Sara. I love your mom’s birthday cake. I knew you’d have to have a Disney one in there somewhere! The burger one is darling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks so much!! And yes, Disney is always my favorite! ;)

      Delete
  11. Hi Sarah,
    That piece of cake looks quite complicated to me, so well done you it looks delicious!
    The butterfly is my kind of thing, I love loops for hanging or just for carrying around, and most of my projects have them! Oh, and pockets too, must have them๐Ÿ˜„
    I think I just have to make one like the little girl in the red dress, hats just too cute! And I love the pinwheel and houses too. A wonderful post Sarah.
    I’ve added myself to your follower list too!
    Nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing what you make next.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sara love love love your pin cushions,i am now also your newest follower,hope you will follow me too xx

    ReplyDelete